Sunday, October 15, 2006

Letting Go for the Best

Letting you go is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. To let you walk away while I stand here with my heart broken is terrible. The pain I feel overwhelms me. The pain is so hard to bear. My love for you is so great, but I must have freedom, I must have what is necessary.

I want you so greatly, I need your body near mine. I want your kisses and passion. I want your dreams. Wanting your dreams is what allows me to give you the future, the future you need.

I walk away and let go of your hand, I smile to hide my pain. The tears begin to fall before I can make my getaway. My face turns so you can't see how I truly feel. "Goodbye," is all I can say. I love you, don't leave is what my heart wishes to scream.

Thoughts of you, your life, your fun, your excitement make me yearn for you. My head wishes to run back to you, my heart knows it's not for the best. Why must love feel so grand yet hurt so great. Goodbye is what I say. Goodbye is what I can not take.
I love you and I wish you the best.

No comments: