Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Drowning

I can't breathe. I can't speak. I can't feel my own body. I am drowing in my own life. I can't walk away. Frozen I stand here still. Screams inside my head. My heart pounds in my chest, gasping for air I feel faint. I can't go on. I can't move away. I stare in fear and regret. Alone I wait. Wait for nothing to happen, noone to come. Alone I am here. Clenching my chest I try to get the air, I try to breathe. Scared I begin to try. Tears rush down my cheeks. I stumble to the ground. Help, I want to scream. I want to get up and run but I can't move. Afraid of what's before me. Afraid of my situation. Longing for help, longing for something greater to pull me down. Drenched in sweat, Iwrench my lungs for any breathe I can grasp. Digging my fingers in the dirt, pain fills my body. My heart pounds, my head throbbing. Screaming inside, yet stillness surrounds me. Fear grasps me as I move on the dirt, searching, searching for anyone to help. I lie there drowning, downing in my own life, I wait. I wait for the inevitable, I wait for what's to come. Breathe I have not, life I feel no longer. Pain fills my whole being. I am drowing in my own will to live. Drowing my own self.

No comments: