Sunday, March 18, 2007

Your Lies

I thought you were there with me, to be my friend. Thought you were making things different this time. But then you faltered, once again. You fed me the same lies.

Promises filled with hope and longing...you gave me what my head wanted to hear. Your promises fall to pieces making me feel undeserving, exactly what my heart had begun to fear.

So much time has passed and I had begun to live a different life. Then you came back with new elocution and hope. That's when I realized you still held the same knife. You only hurt me more with each word you spoke.

Your lips spilled the lies as if they were all you knew. Like water that cascades over a fountain and falls into a pond, they fell quickly and steadily. Sadly I think what you have said has now become a part of you. The prevarications you speak seem to come so easily.

You have changed, mutated into a creature I do not know. A being unhuman, unrecognizable. Most of you is now...the 9 o'clock show. Although most people do not know you are quite deceitful.

I see the lies you have spoken and lived. Thankfully I now have my eyes opened. I am just trying to forgive. I need to gain a new perspective.

Pain and remorse fill my heart. I wish it wasn't so and wish the past gone. My pain is all because I allowed you a part. This is where I must move on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...is this what I was texting you about sunday?...

Unknown said...

No...this is actually about an old situation...about a year or so ago...just been on my heart/mind of late...
So, not about Sunday. Things concerning Sunday are fab. Still have someone for you and Daniel to eat your hearts out with...but not what the blog is about. ;)

Unknown said...

lol..."still have someone for you and Daniel to eat your hearts out with"...histerical...we just need to know the correct spelling of their name along with the social security number and we can make them "vanish"...lol...