Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do I Measure Up?

I've come to realize I may never be good enough. I just may not measure up. What if all I have to give you, isn't enough? What if you tire of who I am, tire of "us"? Two people loving each other, a relationship does not make. I'm afraid you'll say goodbye and walk away. I'm afraid you'll find me a bore, silly, ridiculous or what you never bargained for. Yes, I can be quite worse than each of those.

But all in all, I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid I won't be able to stick things out, to follow through. I'm afraid I won't know just how to love you. I'm afraid to let go and be 100 % in this, as much as I should. My heavy heart sinks down knowing that you are amazing and I fall more than just shy of perfect. I'm this broken, slightly ruined person just trying to piece my life together with some sort of semblence it should hold. I try and try to be your match, to help you be who you are supposed to be...but some how, some way I feel as though I fail in each and every way.

No comments: