Monday, January 21, 2008

Today

I find myself in awe how every day I try to make it through the day without Him. I seem to think I can begin the day and go on with out His help, when I know so much better. Yet, everyday I come right back and realize I can't do this on my own. I can't make it through today if He's not a part of it. I get lost, I begin to travel down a foreign road I've found some how. I make ridiculously stupid mistakes, do things I never should do and then I fall flat on my face. Its always in those moments, with all the mess I've created lying about that I realize I've left Him behind. I need to back up and start over. Then, there are those brilliant days when I begin it with Him; when I want Him a part of each moment. When He becomes the day. Those days are like the sun shining on my back, like snowflakes falling down slow, breathlessly. Those days aren't flawless and I still make mistakes. But in those days, that's when I find myself. When I find the real me. When He shows me who I could be. How come I try so hard to make it through myself when I know I won't get anywhere on my own? I lived far too many moments without inviting Him to be a part of my life each day. Those moments looking back are when I struggled to get by. But today I want Him a part of it, each and every way. Today, I'm making the choice to have Him see me through. And today, today is a good day.

No comments: