Monday, June 18, 2007

Get a Good Laugh...

So Friday night I almost died...well not really but it could have happened. I stopped by my parent's house in Prior Lake for a few minutes. My aunt had just gotten in town from Cali and I wanted to say hi. I left my parent's house and went to get gas.

I got to the gas station and pumped gas. I called my mum as I was finishing getting gas. Mind you, this is Friday evening about 6 and the gas station is BUSY. In the mean time a red pontiac had pulled in at the next pump over and gotten out of his car to punp gas. Next thing I know this car comes peeling into the gas station and the driver opens his door and starts shouting at the driver of the red pontiac. He pulls out a gun, hiding behind his car door and is screaming at the guy, cussing him out and telling him, "get over here, get over here now!" Everyone is moving away from the crazy man. I had gotten off the phone with my mum telling her, "I've got to go there's a man with a gun!" (my poor mother!)

Everyone who was pumping gas got away as fast as they could or ran into the gas station...I ran around my car and behind this Escalde next to me. If I ran for the gas station I'd have been in between the shooter and the guy he was aiming at. The popo got there pretty quickly, I must give props to the PL, Savage and Scott county. They were there in about 1-2 minutes. Crazy man still tried to kill the driver of the pontiac while the cops were yellin, "Driver, throw your keys on the ground. Driver, slowly place your weapon on the ground." He seemed oblivious to the fact that there were about 6-7 squad cars, he was out numbered about 12 to 1! Finally, they tackled him to the ground and took his gun.

So, that was my thrill of Friday night. LOL...I wish I had a camera with to record it. It would have been nice to see the whole thing again...it always goes so fast, right!? But...in Prior Lake? Who'd have thunk...in Prior Lake... lol

Well, happy Monday and enjoy the cooler day today!!

No comments: