Thursday, May 3, 2007

BitterSweet

Each time someone I know pass away it doesn't seem any easier. It's easy to assume each time should be more manageable. But no, it never seems to be less painful.

I've dealth with death since I was very young. I have a large family and well my parents never hid my sister and I from these difficult situations. They knew it would only make us stronger. Which I am thankful for. I have friends who have never had someone close to them die, I fear the day it happens. Death can be so difficult...and quite confusing to deal with. If you have no hope for tomorrow, then death is quite definite. Heart breaking. Strenuous. With a hope for tomorrow - death isn't necessarily easier to deal with, but ultimately you understand more and you can know lives are better spent in reverance than in suffering. To say BitterSweet.

How does one trudge through the difficulty of loosing a best friend? Loosing someone they have known for years. I guess my Grandpa said it best, "We've had so many wonderful memories together." That's what you do, you cherish those little moments, as they say - it's the small things that count. You never forget the person for who they were, how they loved and what they showed you about life. You keep their memory alive, as in keeping their legacy living on. What about someone who poured countless moments, time and prayer into your life? Is thankfulness the best way to remember and cherish that person's legacy?

Life is but the moments we live brought together. Live each moment in love and caring, with tomorrow in sight.

No comments: