Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Do Southern Men Truly Out Do Northern Men?

So I've lived in a few different places, especially the past few years. Now I've gone on dates in Minnesota and I've gone on dates in Texas. Well lets just say that MN men don't seem quite as caring or attentive as Texas, or rather, Southern men do. Can someone tell me why? Now, I'm not dogging MN men, but men from the South seem to put more effort into a relationship. The small things are the things always count the most; opening car doors, letting you walk through a door before them, having you order your food before they order, calling you ma'am, just to name a few very petty items. Honestly it was almost culture shock moving to Texas and having guys get annoyed when I opened my own door, didn't order before they did or even walk through a doorway before them. Are men in the South raised with a greater respect for women then men in the North? How terrible would that be? I'm a true Minnesotan and love MN a lot...but where have all the good men gone? Or...maybe they're just back in the South? Hopefully my children will be raised to respect women, even if it's a younger sister. Wouldn't you treat your grandmother well, woud you not for someone you loved and cared about? Strange that "Southern Hospitality" seems to out weigh "Minnesota Nice." Honestly I think MN men probably were the same as Southern men...but time has worn them down? Or were they never equally nice?

Somebody please clarify, maybe I'm wrong but I've heard it from others as well...

No comments: