Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Not Gonna Write You A Love Song Cuz You Ask...

for it, cuz you need one...
"Write about my boyfriend, this one...not the one at Applebee's," you say. I could write plenty about you, boyfriend, more than I want you to hear me say. But that's why I don't, because I know I say too many things. I can't say the right things to you boyfriend, the things that make you happy or to cheer you up. I just say the truth and far too much. Care about you, boyfriend, I do. Maybe that's why I'm brutally honest and let anything slip, boyfriend, I pour out like I've opened a door and can't control what I say at times. Maybe I should be kinder with my words, more cautious and careful. But, boyfriend, I am who I am, I say what I do and work through that I will true to follow through.

You, my boyfriend, are my boyfriend because I want you to be. Because you make me happy. Because, boyfriend, I know this is true. Letting you in, is what I am working on. Letting my feelings show, is what I am starting to do.

That is how I love. Boyfriend, that is how I work to make this work.

Love you, boyfriend? Love you...I do.

But boyfriend, I only write about you...because I want to. Never because you'd ask me to.

No comments: