Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let Go

I realized today how angry I could still be. How much it could still bother me. Remembering how they hurt me, it brought tears to my eyes. The pain I went through, then being fed so many lies. So many things promised to me. I thought it was the best, everything it ever should be.

The one moment that changed my life. As a slap to the face, even through all I had sacrificed. Then things weren't so grand. That was the moment when things were no longer as planned.Almost as if a switch had been turned. Everything changed, lies came into the light and I felt burned.

I gave and gave, hoping for so much more. Then I felt the wind knocked out of me as I fell to the floor.Doing my best to still be positive and do what I should. Never feeling like it was enough, try as I could.Down the gutter I fell right where they sent me. Feeling trapped, suffocated, I struggled to get free.

Eventually the truth was revealed and my eyes were opened. I learned the truth about what was spoken.My pain and anguish left unspoken. I walked away with more than my heart broken. Running as fast as I could I tried to get away from everything around me. Leaving behind the friends, pain and even the God I thought He should be.

But today I live as though I've been set free. Continually forgiving and letting Him lead.Seeing what good in it all I can find. Still knowing people always act their kind.Knowing I have to give Him the control. If I do, it will heal my soul.

No comments: