Monday, August 6, 2007

Awaiting the Inevitable

What do you do when you know you're about about to encounter something you've been avoiding, avoiding in the greatest way possible? My heart starts beating fast, I literally can feel it in my chest and hear it pounding in my head. I start to get slightly dizzy and I tend to get nauseaus. The dizziness attributing to the stomach churning. I start to feel scared, because for as much as you avoid something, it's typically quite imminent that you can't avoid it forever. Usually, you run SMACK into whatever you've been avoiding. Sometimes it's ok and other times it feels like you've hit a wall. Then what? There tends to be some awkwardness and discomfort. There tends to be pain and anguish from past happenings. Now what, how do you work through it? How do you keep your head on straight through what you've so difficultly avoided? How do you live after this?

Sometimes...the inevitable just happens.

No comments: